Friday 3 February 2012

Top 16, Week 3 (the aftermath....)

Not a bad week this week.
15 places up from last week, now in 21st position.

The results in detail:
  • Diamantidis was last weeks choice. He excels when games are critical. And the last two games have been very important for Panathinaikos. He did well last week, but this week his rating was only 9 after 34 mins of play (I guess the 1/6 three-pointers had something to do with it). 
  • McCaleb did a decent 16.5. Siena never had a problem against Malaga and at the end of the game his rating dropped slightly.
  • Spanoulis did his usual 20 ranking on Wednesday. I wish all players were like that...
  • Micov took the place of Weems, who seems completely out of his usual good self. With Zalgiris playing against Euroleague's best defence (Barca), I didnt think he stood a chance. I was surprised to see that that Zalgiris scored 80 points. Weems scored 17 but his value was a mere 8.
  • Langford had a bit of a tough night. He managed to gather a value of 14. Cantu's defence forced him to miss a lot of shots, despite his 16 points (5/13 FG). 
  • Bogdanovic was on my list to go last week. But I chose to take Weems out instead. Panathinaikos has not been super-solid in his defence lately and I thought he had a better chance. I was wrong. The Green defence strangled him...
  • Andersen is a quality player that gives everything in the Top 16. I chose him initially due to the injury of Lavrinovic. After the return of Ksistof, he has been seeing less minutes. Still 22 minutes is a good number and 16 is a decent value...
  • Barac was a bet that was used to buy back Krstic. The logic said that, at 2.17, Stanko would have an easy night against the short C's of Olympiakos. And he did. He was Efes' finest.
  • Krstic. I wanted him this week. I did many changes before ending up with a descent scheme to bring him back. The fact that he has a 24 avg and he has never done under 18 since the 1st round says it all about his value consistency.
  • Kirilenko. The point machine! Since his return from his injury many said he's not worth the 130 credits. I think he does. He might have given "only" 20 this week but last week he had 39... Case dismissed!


No comments:

Post a Comment