Friday 3 February 2012

Reliability

Hello and welcome to Euroleague Fantasy Surgery.

I have decided that I will not bother my friends and family with my ramblings about Fantasy Challenge anymore! Instead I am going to leave them here for you to do as you please with them.

Didn't do that bad this year, I am 1st in my country, Greece and 21st overall and have been in the Top 50 for almost the whole season so far. Highest place has been 11th.

I know we are close to the finishing line this time of year but still I think some of the lessons I've learned on my 3rd fantasy season could be useful for this year or the next.

It has been an interesting year. The NBA lock-out has caused a lot of imbalances. First class players shifted the balance of power for a while and brought smiles to fantasy players that got them from the start. Then suddenly they were gone. Leaving us looking for hastily for replacements...

One of the most important factors that could bring your team to the top is stability in your performance. In order to compete for first place, the magic number is 173. Teams with average score between 170 and 175, are destined for the top positions.
So, it goes without saying that consistently good performing players are like gold.
Prime examples this season are Andrei Kirilenko, Henry Domercant, Vassilis Spanoulis and Nenad Krstic . And from those who left: Nicolas Batum, Nikola Pekovic, Milan Macvan and Danilo Galinari.

Spanoulis' Rating for example rarely fell under 18 points throughout the season as you can see bellow.

In contrast, Dimitris Diamantidis (MVP last year) has had a roller-coaster year this season. Despite the fact that his average is still quite high, the fact that you cannot rely on him makes him a risky asset.
In my next post I am going to analyse in more detail the reasons behind these players success in keeping their scores consistently high.
There is also going to be post about the 5 key strategies for the early stages of the fantasy game.
Till then, Rock on!


No comments:

Post a Comment